Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dog or child?

I have slowly come to the realisation that Maggie is not a dog, but rather a child. She gets treated absolutely human. She sleeps inside, she gets talked to, she doesnt wear a lead when she gets walked, she never gets left home on her own anymore. When we go to Dad's to pick Anna up on Tuesdays she gets asked if she's coming. And responds by either sitting on the lounge or jumping up and running out to the car.

Anyway, yesterday, after Pa dropped me home the following took place (Maggie goes out to the farm to work with Pa most days that arent weekends)

Pa: I'll leave Maggie with you tomorrow, your not doing anything are you?
Me: not sure, but if you want to take her you can, don't just leave her cos I'm home
Pa: Nah I'm going out to the saleyards and don't want to take her out
Me: ok I'll have her then. I'll drop her round with Nana if I go anywhere.

Then last night I realised Maths study was on at school at 11. I didn't wake this morning till 10 so I had to run around like crazy getting ready, and I rung Nana for a ride into town. But she wasn't home. So I packed my shit, told Maggie we were going, and started walking into town. I got to my Nana and Pa's place, took Maggie in and left her there. Because if I had left her at home she wouldve just run over there and Nana would be coming home soon, wheras I was going to be probably the whole day. And I'm too much of a sap to tie her up at home, especially when I know it will be for hours. So I left her and continued into town. About halfway into town, I heard voices and turned around, as you do, and just past the couple of giggly gossiping women, clearly walking along the main road in their spandexy tights to shout out to the world 'WE'RE HEALTHY' what do I see but Maggie, bounding along with an incredibly satisfied look on her little dogface. SIGH.

So ofcourse I was all "the fuck!! I left you at Nana's!! what are you doing?? AHHHHH. FUCKER" at her. Under my breath and after the healthy women had passed of course. And what could I do? Rock up to school with my dog? Evidently she found the idea of being at Maths study with me more appealing then being at Nana's alone. So with an exasperated sigh directed very obviously at her, I turned around and headed home. I couldn't take her back to Nana's because she would just follow me again so I had to come all the way home, to put her on the chain. Which I didn't end up doing because by the time I got home, it was after 11, and maths study started at 11, and it takes an hour to walk to school from home so there would really be no point.

None of my glares and mutterings seemed to faze her and she seems blissfully ignorant to me being pissed off at her, mainly she is just sitting here looking incredibly pleased with herself. stupid dog.

xx

3 comments:

  1. hahahah nawww..

    atleast you know that you are loved *massive grin*
    and eh. maths study pish *dismissive hand thing* youll be right =D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i love maggie and how you treat her like a person! its adorable. she must be the luckiest dog in the world to have you for her master/mother/sister/adoptive-parent thingo... :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Maggie is a naughty girl. I love dogs who don't understand that they are dogs.

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?