Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy Birthday

twas the fathers birthday today. Naturally Anna and I organised to go and see him. Well Anna organised to go see him and then asked me whether I was coming and I sighed a yes. Him and the stepmother were going out to dinner so we were going down after he finished work until before dinner. (suits me beotches, in and out) I will admit, it wasn't terrible.

For the entirety of the event we played crash bandicoot three (Warped!) on playstation 1. Hell yeah that's my kind of party. I freaking love crash bandicoot and seeing as I don't stay at Dad's ever anymore I hadnt played it in forever. When mum asked what we did and I was all "played the playstation" she was all "you were supposed to be down there with your father being quality time etc." So just for clarification, Dad was playing too. He likes it probably more then us. He fights over turns just as childishly as us:

Me: *finishes entire land without dieing which means it's the next person's go*
Dad: *wasn't there when the land got started and assumes I didn't go from start to finish cos it was a hard land* uhh, end of the land, my turn! *takes controller*
Me: ok
Dad: *chuckles to self for most of turn* *eventually has to say something to rub in that he stole a turn* ha ha so..end of land huh anna..huh..
Me: yeah i went all the way through
Dad: oh. so it actually is my turn?
me: yup
Dad: *silence* this turn isn't half as sweet now that it's legitimate.

Of course the evening was filled with snide remarks directed at my failure and/or suckiness as a person.

Dad: Got your licence yet Olivia *in knowing tone*
Me: Nope
Dad: mmm didn't think so
Dad: mmm
Dad: gonna get your licence anytime soon?
Me: Probably not, kinda got more important stuff to worry about at the momet (hello? HSC mean anything to you? Do you actually know what year I'm in? seriously, last term of school EVER. Exams in some number of days that is small and I'm sure most of my grade could recite to you. Drama performances in a week and four days)
Dad: oh yes, of course hmmmm *nods knowingly and condescendingly at me*

**

Dad: Krysia (ex girlfriend of Dad's, incredibly paranoid and psychotic, used to tell Dad that Anna and I were trying to get rid of her amongst a variety of other psychotic attention seeking gimmicks) said to say hello
Me: *somewhat incredulously* Your still in contact with her? (she used to call him 5 times a day after they broke up until he told her she wasn't to contact him)
Dad: she's a human being Olivia *lecture tone*
Me: Right. So how is Krysia
Dad: you've got a real mean streak don't you. Why you can't just get along with people is beyond me
Me: ok
Dad: oh it's ok is it. ok.

**

Me: *gets in car when we're leaving*
Dad: *looks at* Oh am I taking you home too am I
Me: oh not all, I'm just coming for the ride, thought I'd stay down here
Dad: *fake shudders* don't threaten me

**

They were all rather subtly placed and surrounded by otherwise pleasent conversation so the night was bearable. Anna gave him the present before I got there (I came downtown with Fred and Ian after we finished drama) which shit me off, because I'm petty and if I pay for half (MORE THEN HALF) of a present, I want to be there when the person gets it. So I flipped her off a bit and then was all IT WAS FROM ME TOO. Cos I could just imagine my Dad all Olivia didn't give me a present. bla bla bla. Not that he appreciates presents or ever says thankyou:

Me: wheres the present Anna?
Anna: I already gave it to him
Me: *flips her off a bit* Yeah it was from me too
Dad: I know. I wanted Tin Snips
Me: Well you shouldve asked for Tin Snips.
Dad: I didn't realise I didn't own any until this morning

**

*end of visit* Me: So did you like your present
Dad: eh.
Me: why do I ask

SLEEP TIME XX

1 comment:

  1. i thought your dad would love becker, and i dunno why lol i laugh that he was playing crash bandicoot too, can we take that to lismore/wherever it is we end up :P haha Krysia, why does your dad still keep contact with her, that's crazy :D Lovexx

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?