Thursday, August 7, 2008

can I just say, fuck school events. I can handle cross country and swimming carnivals and stuff, but we had this 'expo' today, and to be honest I don't even get what it is supposed to be. In the morning some bishop inspired us. By which I mean gave us yet another boring speech about boring things that is intended to make us want to go out and change the world, which we have had about 9485720394 of this year already. Basically the speech went like this:

"Chuckle Chuckle yes mr chaplainofmyschool you DID stalk me haa. yes I am a bishop, i dont know whether that was because of something good I did or something bad. and other such completely unhilarious quips. I have many telescopes. Jesus walked on earth, that is very mind boggling. The universe is a large place with many stars. you are a walking universe with all your dna. also the universe is a large sandy earth with all it's stars. people ask do i believe in global warming? well i say, i am not going to answer that because it doesnt matter whether I believe in it, because it exists whether I do or not* also the same goes for christianity. Christianity will not die. There are probably other lifeforms in the universe but there are also probably not. Also neither of these situations is possible."

Except it went for two whole periods. sigh. but that was the basic gist of it.

*and now I use my star. This part pissed me off. Firstly because of his stupidity, in saying that he wasn't going to comment on whether he did or didn't believe in christianity and global warming because they existed whether he believed in them or not. Because that statement is just saying "why yes, I do believe in them". And secondly, because of his arrogance in assuming that what is his belief and opinion, is completely correct. Ok, so because you believe in something that makes it factual truth? Why because you are a bishop? Or just because you have that large of an ego? I'm not going to argue whether global warming or christianity exist because I don't really care at this point. I don't care whether or not christianity exists at all, and global warming I'll deal with after I write my bitch blog. But regardless, there are still people in the world that believe in or don't believe in both and I'm sure atleast some of them have valid well thought out arguments for their beliefs. The truth is relative and some random doesn't have the right to say that his opinion dictates it, even if he is a bishop that looks at stars.

So after this in the day of expo we were supposed to go over to the civic centre to practice for expo part 2 which is tonight. It is called 'it's showtime' and all the music and drama people are suppposed to be performing things. Which lead to my argument with my drama teacher yesterday, in the spirit of Fred and I deciding we're calling her Lisa to piss her god complex off, she will be referred to as lisa:

Lisa: you guys are performing your group prac at its showtime
Me: No we're not
Lisa: yes you are
Me: No, I have economics chat and I can't miss it because we have our trial on monday
Lisa: I dont care. Your performing
Me: No im not! I need to go to chat
Lisa: I dont care about chat, shut up, your name is going on the program
Me: ok well then you will have a program with mistakes on it because I am not coming
Lisa: yes you are you are slack bla bla bla bla
Me: OMG I HATE YOU bla bla bla bla bla
Lisa: I DONT CARE

Evidently she realised that I wasn't coming because when period three was starting today mr substitute-teacher found me and fred and ian and was like yeah I have you guys now for drama, everyone else is at the civic centre. And Ian was like yeah I am a singer, kbye. So fred and I went to the library and wrote our performance into a script, which was oddly productive, seeing as we have wasted the year up till now.

Recess on was a series of lameness. there were displays of work all over the school and copius amounts of parents. There was karaoke, touch football, a "cheer off", the music classes played, there were retarded maths competitions and science experiment demonstrations. It was about no degrees warm so mainly we just huddled together trying to keep out of the wind for an entire day. I hate to admit it but I missed classes so much. It was like, ahhh class where I am not completely bored, I am warm and I feel like I am actually doing something productive. For you know, this whole pending HSC thing. The most productive thing I did today was locate my 5 year old cousin for my uncle. When I first saw him he was all "have you seen noah? they all look the same?" and I was all "nah check the library, goodluck I'll keep an eye out" then I was in the library and saw him and was all *dives* "NOAH!" (because they totally do all look the same, it was just a conglomerate of green jumpers and hair) and he was all "livi!!!" and I was all "have you seen your dad yet?" and he was all "daddy's here? where? daddy! daddy! daddy!" and i was like "um yeah, I'll try and find him" so I eventually located my uncle on the other side of the library and I was like "I found him! ..except now I don't know where he is.." eventually we found him again and I said cya and went over to my friends. About ten minutes later my uncle walks past "found him liv" "uh..yeah I know?" *silence* "oh yeah! you were there!" ..right.

By the end of the day I was ready to stab the next person to say "school spirit" but Fred and I did get a fair bit of our drama script written up. which we had to sneak into the library to do!! the fuck!?! For the first time ever the librarian was like no you can't do work go away. I think it was probably the first time ever for us asking to do work too, but you know, hsc is soo close. So we waited until she left and snuck back into the library past the trillions of parents to finish it. rebels that we are.

Well I'm tired so I'm going to get some sleep..city2surf this weekened!! woot I can't wait. xLivi

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?