Thursday, November 6, 2008

If I was older and more American I would've voted for Obama

I had to get a bloodtest the other day. The idea absolutely petrifies me. I hate having my pulse taken. It's a veins thing. I hate the thought of my veins. And the thought of a needle stabbing into them and sucking blood out freaking scares me. Alot. And makes me want to cry or pass out or something.

So it all started when I went to the doctors because of that dizzy spell stuff and i've been pale and super tired and so on. Anyway so he was all I'm going to send you for a blood test. and I was all ahhhh no. please. and stuff. And he's all you can't live your life being scared Olivia, everytime theres a thunderstorm you won't go outside because you might get hit by lighting.

And you know what. now that I write that, it really does seem like a ridiculous thing to say? Why thunderstorms? Where was he pulling this shit from?

I tried to object that I wasn't going through life scared of everything. Just people sucking all the blood out of my fragile veins with their big jabby needles. Hell I love thunderstorms. Bring on the lightning.

I was actually crying when we got to the bloodtest place. After a fierce argument with Mum as to whether it really had to be done today. Not like loud balling crying. But you know when you're trying not to cry or atleast to look like you're not crying. But theres stupid silent tears there anyway. So I felt ridiculous.

And of course everyone just keeps insisting that it won't hurt. I don't care that it doesn't hurt. I know it doesn't hurt. Well it hurts a bit. But that's not what bothers me. Its's all the blood sucking that I mentioned up there^^^ And goddamn I swear I can feel it getting pulled out.

I'm going to stop now before I convince myself to throw up or something. the end.

3 comments:

  1. hehe i hate blood tests too, it's more the whole needle into joint in arm to vein thing than the pain. i passsed out almost, and i know you know, but all your readers should know too :p

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. well.. i donate blood so i cant say im a-scared or hate needles.
    but i do commiserate your hatred of them . =]

    dont worry brave girl. you is strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Sasha AND my big strong brave husband are both huge babies about the blood-drawing. Not that I'm saying you're a huge baby. But you kind of are. Hee.

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?