Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Glory be christ is born

The hell on earth they call 'HSC' is nearly over. Already over for some, in fact.
thank god. Two more exams to go before freedom.

My dad's side of the family celebrates christmas on boxing day. We go to billabongs for an all you can eat boxing day lunch and then back to someones house, which works on a roster kind of thing. This year, it's at Jacinta and Karl's. I don't know if I have mentioned this particular aunt and uncle on here before, but in short, they are the fascistly religious ones.

Yeah so, they made their own church. Karl is blatantly arrogant, chauvinistic and disgustingly creepy. Jacinta, is just daft. I don't have an aversion to religion or to making ones own religion. It's just my opinion of them as people.

Conversations go something like this:

Karl: Come give your uncle Karl a big kiss
Me: *sticks out hand for shake like James and Luke get*
Karl: ha ha ha ha ha. look at that, girl. you want to do as your told. Jesus wants you to love everyone, because jesus loves you.
Me: yep
Karl: Why don't you come out to church? Jesus want's to see you there.
Me: I'm good.
Karl: you know what girl, it'd do you good to come out here. Learn how to pray. You gotta do what Jesus wants, and what God wants, not what you want. You can't be selfish.
etc etc etc

jerk.

I have a feeling I might have told this story already but I will tell it again in brief anyway...

Karl lives down the road from my other uncle, Henk, and they both live a little out of town.

Henk: *starts having stroke and can't feel half of his body* *rings Karl to come over*
Karl: *arrives* what's wrong?
Henk: I think I need to go to the hospital. I'll just go get my phone and you can drive me
Karl: well if your well enough to get your phone your well enough to drive, i have to go organise church. *leaves*

Yeah so, don't come preaching to me, jerkface. get your priorities sorted.

anyhoooo

so I drove with mum in the passenger seat cos im still on me L's like a LOSER down to Dad's to pick Anna up, anyway I went inside and Dad was all *hands me invitation with huge smirk on his face* and the invitation was all

GLORY BE CHRIST IS BORN

your invited to Boxing day!

and I was all AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. oh thats funny. oh yeah ok, im not done. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.ok now im done.

and then I was all ...can I photocopy it? and Dad was all ...Why so you can rip them off? and I was all NO! so i know the details. for joe and stuff. and there was this silence. and I was all Yeah I lied, so I can rip them off. We both know I know the details, they're the same every year. And he was all *fake tuts*. and I was all oh yeah, as if you didnt show it to me to rip them off and he was all I thought you might want the details!

I didnt end up photocopying it though cos Anna had her stuff ready so we left.

Should be an interesting christmas. It's the first time that Joe's coming to a huge family event with me. He came to my Dad's birthday which was about one tenth of the family, as he made it his brother and sisters only and not all of them came down and was all 'wow you have a huge family'. So I guess it might be best that it's at Karl and Jacinta's as I am predicting a lowish turnout, being at the church and all. My huge family is a little intimidating.

that's all. I'm off to study for drama. x

3 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHA.
    oh man.
    woah.. thats just... no. no. not on.

    but i can agree with the intimidating family bit. youngest of twenty grandchildren here. family gatherings are min 50 peoples... guh.
    i feel sorry for any future boyfriend i have... very very sorry..


    good luck with drama!
    lovexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha 18th of 29 :S
    breed like rabbits we do don't we El?

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy fuck. and i thought i had it bad.
    hells yeh! rabbits represent *salutes*

    hahaha.
    loveyoux

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?