Wednesday, July 2, 2008

OVER!!

yup, trials are finally done!!

English Extension was this morning, and because there was only the three of us for english and the four maths extension boys and Mrs K was the supervisor it was heaps casual, which was greash. We even talked in reading time :O
Daley came up to us one lesson in extension a few weeks ago and was all I have just seen the paper, wink wink hint hint, the analytical response MAY have an imaginatary twist WINK NUDGE WINK chuckle chuckle.
Mr Daley never laughs, he only chuckles.
and I was all *taps nose* all crime fiction detective like, which is kinda fitting as we study crime fiction the whole year in extension.
And Jordan was all "so wait, maybe, or definately"
Daley: Definately

Sooooooo We get into the exam and we're in reading time, and then I read the analytical question and it was in no way imaginative. Not even remotely imaginative. There was NO possible way in which it could be interpreted as imaginative. It blatantly stated "write an essay"

and there was a silence and then I was like ...THE FUCK, FUCKER! that is NOT imaginative!! And Jordan was all RED HERRING! he gave us a red herring!! LIFE IS NOT CRIME FICTION MR DALEY!! and then Liz is like ...guys..look at the imaginative one..

Now in every past paper, in every in class exercise, in every EVERYTHING, the imaginative thing has just given a picture for stimulus and then it's like write a crime fiction story based on this. On the rare occasion there has been a random stimulus sentence. Well you can basically adapt any story to that, so imaginative is pretty much in the bag for us, cos we're all strong on creative writing.

Well the imaginative question was like "write an imaginative response, using one of the characters from the texts you have studied reflecting on their internal struggles either before or after the events in the text" OMG WTF?!?!?!

Jordan was like oh god *bangs head etc* and I'm all what? ONE OF OUR TEXTS IS ABSURDIST!?! You can't write a serial for an absurdist text? especially not on the spot! So all our planned imaginative responses were screwed and our analytical responses which we'd studied to write with an imaginative context was in no way imaginative. And Jordan was like, stuff this, I planned this imaginative, I practiced it imaginative last night, it's being imaginative! So we made them imaginative anyway, and pretty much ignored the question. Because Daley is kinda the be all and end all of english, so if he says the question is imaginative and the exam paper says it isnt, I believe Daley. Even though it clearly wasn't.

Oddly, apart from the questions being awful, the exam didn't go all that terrible, and the feeling of happiness now it's over is freaking awesome.

I can't give the toss of the day award to Mr Daley, because he's already had it, so it will go to whoever wrote that blasted exam.

Anyway, how awesome are Fleetwood Mac?

We went to Macca's after the exam, so i had to go check my shifts and I'm working this Sunday at 5am, which is sooo blergh. Because I just had trials!! cut me some slack!! I deserve to sleep in for the rest of eternity to compensate!! my positive side was all "oooh atleast it's not 4.30!! that's half an hour extra sleep!!" but then my negative side was all "yeah, but I'M IN DRIVETHRU EWW" and then my shut the fuck up and stop whinging side was all "shut the fuck up and stop whinging, if you don't like it get a new job" and then my logical side was all "no, I may hate my job, but I stay there because I can get away with doing one shift a week on my terms and I don't have time to make a CV" and then my, fuck I'm weird side was all "quit having conversations in your head" so I did, because conversations in your head about work are lame and indicative of having no life. As if this blog isn't indicative of my having no life enough. :P I kid, blogging is my awesome, and way cool. YUP.

Pretty sure Anna should hurry up and get home from school so we can watch Rocky Horror because, exams are over, and that movie never gets old.

that'll do for now :) xLiv

1 comment:

  1. what has daley done to you! be all end all my ass! but fight the power of the BOS and setter of exams! take down that authoritorian establishment!
    hope they all went well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?