Saturday, January 17, 2009

Jesus is alive, in other news, Jesus is also dead.

so as I drove into the town I will soon live in I passed a church adorned with one of those kind of tacky bulletin board things that scream 'we as a religion are desperately trying to drag ourselves into the current culture, but kind of failing' the sign proclaimed:

"JESUS IS ALIVE!"


and then as we passed around the side of the church we were informed by a similar sign that:

"JESUS DIED FOR YOU!!"

(accompanied naturally with a very stern looking man pointing his finger right at whoever happened to be driving past. Some very personal guilt for all the travellers)

Naturally, my sister and I found this contradiction quite hilarious. And thus I thought I would share it. x

3 comments:

  1. ahhhh the hilarious contradictions of religion.. *sigh*.. one must love it =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are moving to another town?! It had better be singleton, hell knows the Heights isn't nearly as good.
    Stupid religions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would be armidale dorkus. you know that whole uni thing?

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?