Thursday, January 1, 2009

Beer, Trains and Alanis Morrisette

so I smell like beer.

Happy new years everybody!

Why do I smell like beer? Well I blame Matthew, which would be logical considering it was he that poured beer down my shirt last night. Whilst at dimitri's and being the only shirt I had. I stole Joe's only shirt he had so as to avoid spending the night smelling like a bar wench and feeling like i just went swimming.

So, Im going to go change this shirt now.

Ok better, I no longer smell like beer.

Joe and I went to Sydney for our one-year on Sunday/Monday. Sydney is awesome, I love that place so much. I love the harbour at night, the crowded bottom floor of Paddy's, the busy train stations, hyde park, the qvb. It's all so fun.

We caught the train and on the way home we had to change over at Hamilton. We had a 5 minute change over. So we got off the sydney line, walked across to the other platform, decided we wanted some water and I walked over to the drink machine. And then the train drove up to the platform. So we were all wow, train is here already, that was quick, and ran and jumped on the train. Then, as the train started moving a voice rings over the speakers:

"You are now on the newcastle to Dungog connection, first stop.."

and I'm all. fuck. we're on the wrong train.

Naturally all we could do was laugh. We didnt end up stranded at Dungog or anything because our train beat the Scone train to Maitland so we just changed over there. But it was hilarious all the same. And I mean seriously, why does Dungog even have a train station? What is even at that place?

Good times good times.

You know, I had one thing that I had to do today, and that was buy credit. The time just stopped being 6.59 and started being 7.00. Which means the shop just shut. I really am horribly unmotivated.

In other news I have become fond of the name Stella recently. And also Alanis Morrisette music. Well not so much fond of the latter, I still find it ridiculous and terrible I've just had a strange urge to listen to it of late.

Well, I'm tired. So this blog ends here. Ciao x

2 comments:

  1. hahaha I do apologise again about the beer on you. although it isn't entirely sincere. you didn't tell the other bit how you splashed midori and champagne all over me and hence got me all sticky and as a result of THAT you got beer all over you.

    conclusion=not my fault

    i feel the same way about Alanis morrisette whenever i want to listen to her. we had the album jagged little pill here for a while and i just listened to it. not because i like it but because, you know, it's there and the songs are tolerable. nothing special, just tolerable.
    Stella though? Stella McCarteny? STELLA!!!!
    I will write another blog soon as an apology for pouring a quarter of my bottle of beer on you.
    -BLOGMAN!!! also known as MYSTERIO THE INCREDULOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. beer... such a funny alcohol.
    your new years sounds more eventful then mine.. i stayed up drinking redbull in an attempt to see the new year in. ahhhh jetlag. so nice and sleepy.


    sydney is awesome. i can agree with that =D
    lol. trains! trains are the bane of the world. terrible i tells you!

    anyway. enough ranting.
    sounds like you had fun =]
    eleanorx

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?