Thursday, May 29, 2008

dearest former self, holstein lurves you

I went back to sleep after i woke up this morning (as i do practically what, every morning?) this system works well most mornings because my sister gets up and watches tv while i sleep. Then at like 8 or something she'll come in and be like uhh fuck? the time! So we both mad rush around getting ready, scrambling for the shower,fighting over brushes, slamming clothes on, i tear out the door and race down to the shop to get money out for our lunches while she locks all the doors and we both skid in at the bus stop at 8.25 as it drives up. Like I said, this works well for us. Mum of course thinks we stay up from when she leaves work, dont watch any tv, iron our clothes and make ourselves nutritious lunches. Baha what a croc.

Anyway, foolproof system failed this morning because mum wasn't at work so at like 8.30 she realised i was still asleep and was like THA FUCK GET OUT OF BED WHOREFACE (yes, for the sake of my blog, all other people speak guttertrash like me, work with it) and so then she was all shitted off with me and we were running late and she was all we're leaving NOW so i had to run and superfast brush my teeth jump into my shoes and i tear out the door and she drives off and i fucking swear she saw me but no. so i was like arghhH! and went back inside and fumed and felt sorry for myself. and then I was like, goddammit i have Society first, I cant be late so i rung her and was like "omg you left and i was just there thats not fair boohoo" so she came back and i ran out and slammed the door behind me and she was like GO BACK AND CLOSE THAT and i was like I JUST DID CLOSE IT! and so then she drove off again! OhMyGod! And i went back inside, and yes the door was open, but i meant to shut it. sheesh.

So after sulking and whinging and just generally feeling sorry for myself i finally realised mum wasnt coming back and so I started walking to school. So I'm walking along with my breakfast of Vanilla Slice and Coke that i picked up on my way past the shop and then along the road is all these workmen and trucks and stuff and the footpath was like a tunnel through these two walls of workers and equipment. So i was all whatevers and started walking through and I'm like a third of the way through when i see my Dad walk around from one of the trucks. Goddammit why didnt i notice that they were Energy Australia trucks?!?! So at this point I'm completely frozen, Dad's still got his back to me so I'm trying to work out how I can possibly get past and avoid being seen, because, by this point I'm a good hour late to school already and still have 40 minutes to walk, he would freak. But seriously, what can i do? How am i supposed to back out of this tunnel of productivity without looking incredibly weird. And then Tricky turns around and is like "Heyy!! Olivia!" and then it was a series of "Hey it's Theo's daughter" "haha not a good day to be late hey hahahaha" and my Dad's all *turns around* and all looking at his watch 3 times to see if it was just joking the first two times and I'm like, oh fuck. But with all considered, he was decent about it and just like why are you late? Olivia it's nearly ten!! And then he was like, hey Tricky i'll just be five k, and gave me a lift too school, which was pretty nice. So all in all it saved me walking, and he only spent about half of the time lecturing me about how I'm a screw up.

You know, its weird. I seem to have like mum days and dad days. For the most part, Mum's the parent thats actually being decent, but it's like the days she chooses to be a fuckface Dad's being supernice. well, supernice for Dad. And Mum flirts with the fuckface line a fairbit too, but you know.

Anyway so of course I get to school right at the end of Society, I wouldve missed it completely but for some reason that i naturally and narcissistically assume was to spite me, period 1 got extended. I could practically feel the daggers Mrs Holstein was shooting at me with her eyes as i walked through the door and i got a huge speech after class in which she ended up getting all upset because i suggested that she suggested that i was being late on purpose, and then the speech concluded with a vengence on the new Olivia because she liked the old Olivia. I guess I'll let her know, she might appreciate the compliment?

hmm, so thats my day, well the start of it at any rate but the rest was fairly well routine, no more suprise father occurences.

xLiv

2 comments:

  1. god mrs holstein is silly, who even says something as muffed as that and think it's a moral boost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. you'r dads name theo? lolersface

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?