Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I confess! ...umm..I unconfess...

There are quite often news stories that trigger in me a hearty or lengthy laugh, this being one of them..

Man arrested after "deathbed" confession"

Oh the irony of the thinking your dying, confessing dramatically at the last minute to the murder of your past, and then finding out that you aren't in fact dying at all.

Doctor: He's Dying!
Man: Well in that case, I CONFESS EVERYONE, it was I who killed him! MUAHAHA what are you going to do about it now, fools...
Doctor: uh, turns out he's not..
Man: ....shit. ...So...about that whole..hem..confession thing..
Police: *clink handcuffs*


In other news, I've been meaning to tell this story for awhile but was reminded of it when I walked passed a particular lecturer today.

If you all remember I enrolled myself in a philosophy unit It was one of those things where I figured it would be fun just as a throw away unit however don't ever do Philosophy at uni. Seriously our first lesson went like this:

Russian Professor guy: hi. the walls are blue. how do we know the walls are blue? because we know. are they blue? yes, the walls are blue. Levers are like our arms and things. We use many levers. And you see, the walls are blue. So when we talk about reasoning and levers we are talking about solving a problem. So these walls are blue. But is their life on Mars? We all have levers.

I'm not even exagerrating.

Initially, my reaction was like oh well it's a throw away unit, it's probably easy to get a good mark in, there isn't a textbook to buy, i'll do it anyway.

Uninitially. I decided fuck it and took up Italian which I will probably major in.

Now I keep getting emails from the Phil Lecturer cos I'm still on the mailing list and when I pass him in the corridor i SWEAR he glares at me. Some argue it's just his blank facial expression but whatever it is it scares me into KNOWING THAT HE IS PLOTTING HIS REVENGE ON ME AHHHHH

2 comments:

  1. how is majoring in Italian going?

    and lol at Phis guy.
    naybe he IS plotting his revenge.... =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. italian is fuck up

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?