Wednesday, December 17, 2008

On with the dramatics

So I know I made that list before about the things I'd blog about, but you know, I'm retarded. I never actually do the things on the lists I write.

So today is that day that has been dreaded, anticipated, fretted over and ignored by the various Year 12 Students of New South Wales 08. Today is the day that our HSC results get released.

ok enough with the dramatics, and on with the dramatics.

So I finished work at about 12.30, and after talking to people, watching Krystal's kid sleep, sitting pointlessly out the front with Ian for awhile and taking Pedro home it was 1.30 when I got home.

Naturally Ian and I had one of our superawesometastic idea's. You know those 'lets' moments. When it seems like a great idea and then you realise halfway into it, when it's kinda too late that it's stupid. 'Lets skip English and watch the year nine kids do drama' (how to get an afternoon detention ala Fred and Olivia) 'Lets get someone to throw a tennis ball as far as they can into the ocean whilst its raining and then swim out and get it' (how to get very cold, hard nipples and virtually stop breathing ala Ian and Oliva) 'Lets start a running thing that entails nothing but slapping each other as much a possible to win nothing' (how to get incredibly sore faces ala Matt and Olivia) (I just lost the game*)

So the list goes on. Last night's let's was 'Let's not go to sleep at all tonight, and we'll text until 6am when our results come out, despite both having full plans tomorrow and having to work again tomorrow night'. Good idea? Well, no. But it was a fun thought. We gave up at like 3.30 and finally went to sleep. I found the message from Ian the next morning fairly funny though:

"Dear Olivia crazydutchlastname**, this is a message from the board of studies. You got a UAI of 5 because you're such an idiot who made Ian stay up last night"

to which I replied:

"Dear Ian lastnamewhichpeoplemispronouncewithaT. I do believe it was your idea twat. ps. I am tired"

So anyway, where were we?

Oh yes, so eventually, I went to sleep. And then at 5.30 the weirdest shit happened. My phone alarm went off. I have no idea why. But it did. It was kind of creepy. Helpful, because then I could be up to look at my marks at 6. But creepy all the same. Creepy phone. I think I'm going to stop sleeping with it.

So after I finished with being creeped out at my phone I crept out to the computer to go on to board of studies. I crept because I wanted to see them alone, and hence didnt want my mum to wake up. The creeping was ridiculously unnecessary because the computer proceeded to BEEEEEEEEEEEP when I turned it on like a rude motherfucker. I need to stop saying motherfucker.

Board of studies: please enter student number and pin
Olivia: sure, 19321746 3434
Board of studies: WRONG!
Olivia: what the fuck?!?!

Major freaking out ensued. Naturally I soon jumped to the conclusion that my life was over.

So I proceeded to frantically search for the letter where my BOARD OF STUDIES pin was sent to me because apparently it is different to my UAC pin. WHY? WHY DOES IT NEED TO BE DIFFERENT? DONT WE HAVE ENOUGH TO REMEMBER FOR THE HSC?

So papers and random items are flying everywhere such as: (list time)

-5 economics textbooks. why is there FIVE different books for that subject? I didnt even know we had so many books.
-some random map
-7 million documents containing my UAC pin
-the condom me jack and timmy were going to lose our virginities with if we were all still virgins when it expired.
-my school certificate results (I still own them?!?)
-my Marijuana flavoured incence

yes, so at six am on wednesday I was sitting in a sea of papers, frantically crying about how this would lead to my failure of life, calling a hotline designed for this situation which told me that it had closed for christmas which made no sense, smelling like pot. How 'bout you guys?

anyway, found the pin eventually, it was 6093 btw, and got my results. Which were as follows:

Drama: 86
English: 80
Maths: 74
Society: 85
Religion: 43 (out of 50, I didn't fail, its a half subject)
Econs: 74 (baha I didnt fail)
Extension English: 41 (as with Religion)

my UAI: 81.3

Am I happy? That is a complicated question. They are good solid marks and everyone is all 'you did good etc etc'. But they aren't excellent marks. And I know deep down if I actually did ANYTHING this year I couldve got excellent marks. Was it what I expected? Yes and better. I knew I'd done nothing, and I felt horrible during all the exams because of that stupid B-12 deficiency we found out about AFTER THE EXAMS. Do I care? Not majorly because, in other news...

I got accepted into UNE for Law/Arts double. Woot. Based on principal recommendation. So yeah, all over I'm a happy little girly.

I should post this blog and sleep, work is fast approaching and I'd like to atleast go to bed for a little bit.

much love x

oh, almost forgot my starsies.

* A game, The sole object of which is to not remember that you are playing it. As soon as you remember that it exists, you have lost and must start again. love urban dictionary.

** Next blog I will explain why I never publish my last name

1 comment:

  1. ROFD
    You didn't let me down at all.
    I particularly like the game, and am glad you lost. You seem to lose at games very often and this is the reason why you must TAKE IT so often.
    Anyway, BLOGMANISINYOURURL.blogspot.com, my blog as promised.

    lots of beatle-love, George

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?